Saturday 13 June 2020

Backgarden update


The back garden is looking good at the moment. A lot of plants have survived severe neglect over the winter. It has taken a while to reclaim the garden from the rats. It really felt like their domain for a few months. I was sweeping around the back of the bamboo and found two bleached rat skeletons, so feel the trick of a small but continuous top up of poison (in a brick enclosure) has enabled me to claim it back. Half the problem is having watched the families from the back door they were beginning to look pretty cute...massacring them a horrible thought.

Add caption


I've featured these very dark tulips 'Queen of the night', as they have been a really stunning sight. I'm not at all into tulips but these look very glamorous. Tulips are in the gladioli camp for me, a lot of gaudy hues, only seeming to work in large scale drifts of all different colours. My tulips have fitted in as the colour scheme is restricted to warm dark purple/reds, whites and all the greens of foliage but the majority being green rather than yellow.



The colour was again different with the sun on them. Wonderful! David jokes I like them because, 'once a Goth always a Goth'.






No comments: