Saturday 12 March 2016

I feel a blog challenge coming on!



I've been thinking since the start of 2016 about blog challenges. I really love the idea of daily drawing challenges and there are some amazing people on Pinterest posting every day on 365 or 30 day challenges. Wow, what a great idea but one I baulk at, just on the basis I'm too disorganised. A jewellery tutor of mine did a daily challenge of making simple 3D drawings, they ended up being exhibitied together with her jewellery and it all made perfect sense.

So, it's taken me two and half months to work out a challenge that I can do and one that it not so demanding I end up throwing the towel in. Mine is a leisurely paced (and encorporating a late start!), monthy challenge with the express aim of using the vessels I have collected from various charity shops over the years. As the photo shows, they are a motley crew. I would like also to have a technical side to the challenge too. My sketchbooks are full of ideas that never see the light of day and they often have a technical element that blocks me from following through.

The first one will be around creating a gradient by dyeing the crochet cotton. It will involve measuring and estimating the length of thread per row and then carfeully graduating density of colour. You can see why I've not got round to that particular task ;) Do stick around and see how it works out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create!! xx

ELINtm said...

Thank you Delia and Anon! I'm hoping to document the process too so there will be some helpful tips. Should be a post towards the end of the month. Best wishesx