Tuesday 19 January 2016

New year - new skills


Happy new year to everyone! I've promised myself this year I would make tentative steps towards trying out natural dyeing techniques. I've had a book on lichen dyes for a while and am lucky enough to have family living near woodland which hosts some impressive lichens. My first consideration was 'ethical' collecting, a new concept, and as yet (with the lichen pictured above) I have gathered just what has fallen onto pathways and verges.

Serendipitously, I have just discovered Bristol is creating it's own Natural dye garden, how wonderful is that! here is a link to their page >>  http://www.thenaturaldyegarden.uk . I have grabbed a spot on the 'Shibori dyeing with local natural dyes' course, with Flora Arbuthnot, which I am really looking forward to.

Very best of luck with all new ventures and adventures in the coming year!!


No comments: